11.29.2010

Darrell Cooper and the Strong Persuaders

Awesome reunion show at  Fat Cat Blues Bar on George Street, pretty much my new favorite spot...the bartender was good enough to put on a pot of coffee for me, I was the only person in the bar drinking coffee on a Friday night. For only their second reunion show in the last couple of months for almost a decade, these guys were fucking tight. Darrell, being the picky sound technician he is proves his taste for the perfect sound ensures a delight to your feedback fearing ears and those who are really keen on picking up levels instruments such as myself will be as equally pleased. These guys are the blues, starting off the night with perfect pitch and rythmn.  Not to mention the soul! Man, those solos nearly sent me into cardiac arrest. That keyboard player puts live Deep Purple jams to shame. I got so lost inside that fretboard and guitar technique I didn't even realize my leg shaking the table as I unknowingly played air drums. After some old school R&B they were whipping out the Hendrix by the fourth song...I am pretty sure good ol Jimi was ressurected that night. It was like a continous jam session, these guys could play all fucking night I am sure. They even brought up some special guest talent and winged it blues style...man I really felt that shit, I was pretty pumped after that show to go home and listen to some Muddy Waters or something...or just plan my next trip to Fat Cat. Fuck what an awesome night, I can't really put that into words, you just gotta see for yourself! Peace, Im out.

No comments: