11.24.2010

Ed Pien at The Rooms Art Gallery

Today I had the opportunity to view a great showing of Ed Pien in St John's. This hauntingly beautiful exhibition consisted of a lot of monsters, what I am thinking is internal demons manifesting themselves as society within one's head. However the exhibit did have a walk in feature of of cut outs with strobe lights and eerie music playing, where you could look through holes in the middle piece and see strange things...I really recommended this artist, he seems really fucked up and will leave you feeling haunted. Sorry for the repetition of the word haunted however I am quite speechless right now and can't really find another word for it.
http://www.edpien.com/

1 comment:

Alan W. Davidson said...

Thanks for posting about that. I haven't been to the Rooms in ages. Maybe one of his 'haunting' drawings will inspire a horror story out of me! ~Alan