1.31.2011

Always a fan of Distortion Thursdays

Yes, even if I only usually happen to go if I am playing, however as I said before I damn love that place. Good lineup as well, a good friend of mine, Mike Cake hooked me up with my very first show (and we all know how well that had been going since) and is contiunally doing me favors, so thank him for my presence!
Mike Cake
http://www.myspace.com/mikecake
Great acoustic rythym, deep poetic lyrics and a pretty Nirvanaesque but more upbeat throaty and raspy singing style (while also maintaining a perfect pitch.) You haven't lived until you have seen his cover of White Wedding. After about a year of being a big fan of his I know pretty much all his lyrics. Be sure to check out Black Xmas - one of my favorite songs ever.
Thom Coombs - Also an old buddy from the high school days, no doubt a sick mucisian. Thom is the kind of guy that had a sitar when he was sixteen - just amazing at all aspects of music, instruments, singing, among many other things. Unfortuantely I missed his set, I was late getting ready that night, but I think everyone can collectively agree that Thom deserves much praise for his work. The glasses and nice hair also helps.
http://www.myspace.com/thomandthetomcats
Blaine West, always plays with such heart and fucking raw attitude, pulling off some intense solo shit on acoustic. When you are really loving that stage, it is so easy to tell. Some people just bore the hell out of me. And Blaine is one of the nicest and coolest people I have met in recent months, and props to the guy for taking photos and videos for everyone! Karma is coming his way for sure, and make sure to check out his copius YouTube channel as well.

Catmanduah - Sick! Wicked rythmn, they brought a good crowd, however I was nice and drunk by the time they placed so I had a few Indie dances (went well with my India beer.) With leading man Danny Keating, they incorporated a sick as fuck drumming style with what I recall as being very put together and not quite screaming not quite singing vocals. Well the whole thing just worked. They have a large fan base, but check them the fuck out! The bass player seemed like a dandy cat as well...I honestly dont know that much about music, I really just write these things for something to do. I am unemployed and I dont have a lot of friends.
http://www.myspace.com/catmanduah

RN Wagner - well I am marrying the damn man on August sixth, I am not really going to say anything bad about him.
  • http://myspace.com/anorphansinventorynl

  • http://anorphansinventory.blogspot.com/


  • And I played too (by then everyone had left). I drank many beer and had a wicked time. I was just kidding about everyone leaving. I just use self deprication as a humor tactic.
    Well, I must catch up on my reviews, I seen so much shit the last few days and forgot to take notes if I dont compile it within the next few hours my brain will forget.
    PS I am almost done writing my frist novel.
    Peace and love
    as always
    Les.

    No comments: