1.11.2011

J Frost CD Release w/ Radar!

I'm not usually a hip hop and rap fan, my ex  had a particular delusion that he lived in Compton and Easy E was a good friend of his. Also, it's hard to filter through all of todays shitty music to find some rap with actual meaning and depth. In a world of Rhianna and Usher I know thats hard to believe. I was pretty oblivious to he fact that we actually had a hip hop scene here and I am damn proud of it after seeing this stuff live. Frost's lyrics are words of hope, change and truth all delievered in a high energy and unique manner. And by unique I mean the light sabres and Spirit of Newfoundland costumes were coming out. It was eye opening as well as funny. And he is a great DJ too with a good voice. Which makes sense he has his own radio show as well! Just an all around good guy!
http://insidenewfoundland.ca/
As for Radar, well he had such a strong and intense delievery you couldn't not be in awe. He was real. I felt his songs right from the core he was getting them from. And the words he could come up with...he made it a point of letting us know he was freestyling, man what a poet. If I could find more music like his it is definitly going on my playlist. In fact, he even gave me a CD, which will be well played. Being a music and review junkie on a low income I don't often pay for shows, but you can guarantee I would pay at least 20 hard earned bones to see this cat. I have only praise for Radar and cant wait for his nect show!
Unfortunately I was unable to locate any music or video of Radar, so I will definitly be taking some and putting up here for you fine folks!
Anywho, I should run, my engagement party is tomorrow so I have to go pick up some champange :)
Also craving toutons like a mad motherfucker so I am going to Smitty's. Best fucking toutons ever.
Peace and Love
Les

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I just fucking got home from Smitty's and they had no fucking touton dough left. Someone should make me some toutons.
Fucking rotted. Bought India instead.