1.02.2011

Brad Jefford Trio @ The Rose and Thistle Dec 26/2010

Awesome jazz/ experimental progressive group - I have not yet had the chance to see the guys but I was really impressed. They had Curtis Andrews as a special guest on percussion - you know nothing needs to be said there, we all love Curtis. He is now in India for some time, so it was good to see him before he took off. I really enjoyed the fast paced bass technique and their overall sound which was Pink Floyd mixed with Miles Davis. I gotta say they were really in sync with each other, their precise sound check made for a very tight sound, the sax was played very wonderfully, melodic with great climactic moments. Brad is such a good guitar player, he was all over that fretboard, and the changing rhythm makes you hear what a collective feel they have for each others music. Sick solos too, it was a solo relay race and everyone got a go. Greg Bruce was on sax and Pat Boyle on trumpet, I am pretty sure, it was hard to write things down I was pretty busy enjoying the music, and Brad's use of funky distortion peddles. These guys just rocked. Finished off the night with Brad's own song, Lost and Found. I had to close my eyes .... seriously a lot of emotion and if you like that guitar sound you could get lost in please check them out. Im not really sure why I write about bands at all because I always just end up saying they are too good to explain and im not sure what to say, here is the Myspace. So...here is their Myspace!
http://www.myspace.com/bradjeffordtrio
Hope you all had a wicked Christmas! :)
Peace and love

No comments: