1.02.2011

New Years Eve W/ The Newish Klezmer Band & The Burning Hell!

What a time at The Rose and Thistle New Years Eve! I know I have been spending a lot of time here lately but my boyfriend (well fiance as of Christmas day) has been working the door for them a few times a week so I tag along to get some wine and writing time in. I was absolutely dying with the flu but I figured it would be shittier if I stayed home alone on New Years. Hope you all had a good of a time as I did, these bands fucking rocked!! My only regret was being racked with body pain that disabled me from moving as I was the only one in the packed bar NOT dancing and having an obviously wicked time. For Newish Klezmer think old school (like 1600's) with a cool urban twist, or that Titanic scene when Jack and Rose are dancing with the poor people. But in way where the violin bow becomes mangled by the end of the night (which did really happen). I really like the beast of a tuba the lovely lady playing it could barely hold up. Everything just fit. I think at some point one of the guys from The Idlers was playing trombone. I can't be sure anymore...I was very ill, a little bit out of it, and I drank alot of Bailey's and coffee to try to divert from my internal white blood cell epidemic. Burning Hell were great, a lot of fans singing along to them it was really cool to see. One of those bands that makes you feel emotional and powerful all in one. I am going to pull my move and attach a few links. But Ill be back soon - 2011 is the year of my (first and hopefully only) wedding so I will probably be ranting about that a little bit too - so Happy fucking New Year! And please, stay the fuck away from this flu. Peace and love, Leslie.

No comments: