1.02.2011

The Idlers W/ Beaver Sheppard @ The Rockhouse 12/28/10

Well first to say, I enjoyed this guy Beaver, for a solo acoustic act it doesn't get much better than him. He kind of looks like a beaver...makes sense. He is like a picking machine! Man I couldn't believe what he was doing. Too bad I only caught the tail end of his performance, however I did get to see the Idlers from start to finish. Now who doesn't love The Idlers? I couldn't even take any notes down at this one - I was too busy dancing! The bar even took up all the stools, I had asked why when I first arrived as I like to get cozy and set up my writing gear, but they said it gets pretty crowded. Halfway through their set I said, Oh. It was fucking blocked in there. Like, can't move solid block er down. Everyone was having a wicked time it seemed, and pretty much half of St.John's was there. If you haven't heard The Idlers because you have been living under some sort of rock, they are an 11 piece reggae / ska with  many many instruments and fans. Theres just nothing bad to say about The Idlers. I so love reggae music, i'm very glad I can get my fix so close to home. Way to go bys!
http://www.facebook.com/Idlers?v=info
http://www.idlers.ca

No comments: